The Dance tree

A vision of God's will for Dance and dancers in Singapore

Friday, June 15, 2007

I want to encourage you guys that as artists our art is to create beauty. It reflects the splendour of God.
I have been learning that the purpose of beauty is to give rest, relaxation and restoration to the soul and spirit.
it also brings joy to both the receiver (audience or spectator) and the giver (performer/artist/creator).
Who likes leaving a show feeling depressed and dark. i'm not saying it has to be happy, happy, but edifying. that's our purpose.
Just as all creation shows the glory of God so our performance and work should edify and display the glory of God.
If you come out from a piece of work feeling discouraged, downhearted, frustrated or drained, then chances are you're not drawing on the strength of God, the joy of the lord is your strength, and you're also probably not in the right place. it may not be the work god has called you to, or it may not be a piece that is edifying to god.
Everything God calls us to, draws us into a closer walk with him and into a more intimate knowledge of him and his character, if what you're doing right now is not doing that, then you're robbing yourself of what God wants for you, and you're draining your spirit.
when you are where God calls you, he will give you hinds feet in high places. "you broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn." psalm 18:36
how apt is that for dancers.
God providess.
he is also the one who trains and prepares us. "it is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of deer; he enables me to stand on the heights. He trains my hands for battle; { my feet for pointe work or my hands and feet for the stage} my arms can bend a bow of bronze." psalm 18:32-34
So be encouraged, God prepares you, and don't think that art should provoke you only, and only feel uncomfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home