The Dance tree

A vision of God's will for Dance and dancers in Singapore

Saturday, December 02, 2006


A depressing picture made beautiful

When I asked God for a picture of dance in singapore he showed me a tree. "why a tree? what's this for?" I asked, "ok fine, let's see what happens." "press in" the moment i said it, the leaves fell off.
The leaves fell. ok i know i've said this before, but really that seemed so depressing to me. "Why not waves? something cool. You show me leaves falling."
Anyway I asked my mum what it meant, she asked me if it was all the leaves, and if there were a few leaves left. Yes, there were a few. It means dying to self. Sigh, not again.

So I shared that with EO today and she was really encouraging.
She said that the leaves dropping meant that at least God was at work in the tree.
I'd not thought of it that way. I suppose if God was not at work they might shrivel up and stay on the tree, no falling and no blooming.
Wow, that was encouraging, and a novel way of looking at it, in my case anyway.
Even though it looks bad, at least it shows God is as work, in his own time, something to remember for all us impatient dancers and choreographers who want things to happen now. As EO says, there is a bigger picture at work. I mean what is time to God. If He calls us, we're not too old/young/inexperienced for anything.

Eventhough it looks bad, at least God is at work. A father who cares for his child will protect that child even from herself/or her sins but a father who does not care or has given up on the child will leave her alone, because scolding is just a waste of breath. A father who cares, for your own good must discipline you, because He sees what will happen in the long run. Greater hurt may await you if you're not disciplined now, if we're not pruned now, if we don't lay down our desires or even rights.

What are rights? There are many things God has blessed us with, and He's given it to all humans, for instance, our free will, our right to choose. God has given it to us, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be better to lay it down and ask Him what He would choose for us. In fact He knows us better than we know ourselves, and if there is someone who knows me better, and knows all the facts, i'd rather He make the decisions.
We have a right to serve Him, in some places it's called the right to work. Well we could choose what we want to do to serve God or we could lay down that righht and let Him show us where there is a need, what we're suited to and give us the heart and desire.

So yes, it is encouraging to see that God hasn't given up on us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home